Yoga is a rich heritage belonging to India. The word yoga has been derived from the Sanskrit word “Yuj” meaning to integrate. It is a perfect collaboration for physical, spiritual, and mental stability. Its importance has increased very recently, due to UNGA declared 21st June as yoga day. The benefits that yoga provide are intangible.
The following are the 5 yoga exercises that can be performed by the beginners.
- Mountain pose or Tadasana: This pose involves, standing having feets shoulder-width apart. The shoulder should be rolled outside and the buttocks should be engaged. This pose may seem simple but, this pose helps in increasing height and tones the abdomen and buttocks to name a few benefits.
- Garland pose or Malasana: For doing this pose, keep your feet apart and may move it outside if necessary. Then come to a squat position and slightly start lowering down. Hold in this position for some time. This is a great posture for losing abdomen fat and tone up thighs.
- Warrior II: This pose is very effective to engage the hips and thighs. For this keep the feet more than 3 feet apart. Now keep the right toe outside and start bending such that the thigh is parallel to the floor. Hold in this position. You have to hold this pose for 10 breaths. You can keep reminding yourself that you are a warrior and can do it.
- Triangle: It is a pose that focuses on sideward stretches of the body. This pose is especially useful for the people who do their work on laptops and have the least physical movement in the day. To do this pose, keep the feet 3 feet apart and stretch your arms on either side and bend towards the right side and keep looking at the left arm which is facing upwards. Hold this position for some time and repeat the same on another side.
- Downward-facing Dog: For doing this pose, come on your fours such that shoulders are inlined with palms. Then start lifting the knees such that the heels touch the ground and look at the navel. Hold this position for 5 breaths.